|Making the Most of Google Analytics 20th May 2013||East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||closed|
|Making the Most of Google Analytics 9th August 2013||East Midlands, UK||1||5 left||book now|
We are able to provide bespoke training in Google Analytics to groups of 4 or more delegates. Please contact us for a quote.
This course includes :
- 1 day trainer led in small groups (maximum 6)
- Your own printed course manual
- Professional environment with high spec computers
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Lunch provided
- Printed course certificate
- Post course support via email
- Access to our FREE workshop days
Secretly feeling like the only one not yet making the most of Google Analytics? Truth is, most businesses only scratch the surface of this absolutely excellent tool, but it could really help you make a great success of your website.
This one day Google Analytics course will show you the key parts to look at and teach you how even 30 minutes a month can make all the difference to your business.
Google Analytics : Keywords
Many major corporates out there no longer have management meetings, they now have Google Analytics meetings – the web is the most important part of their business and the pulse is measured using Google Analytics.
This Google Analytics training course is run with a very small group of businesses, which enables us to look at your individual account and provide professional help to the individual delegates. You will leave with endless practical suggestions for making the most of your Google Analytics stats.
- Getting everything set up correctly
- Ongoing management, what to measure and how to run reports
- Understand how to respond to the results
By the end of this Google Analytics course you will be able to:
- Confidently manage and report on Google Analytics stats
- Set up filters, funnels and goals
- Identify key elements to measure for your company
- Run reports and create custom reports
- Understand the data collected by Google Analytics
- Using data for troubleshooting issues on your website and for spotting new business opportunities
We recommend you already have your Google Analytics account set up and the tracker code installed on your website before coming on the course. We also recommend you bring your login with you so you can access your account during the session.
This course is aimed at businesses that are either new to Google Analytics or businesses with Analytics already set up but not really making the most of it.
A sweeping generalisation, but SMEs tend to fall into either "information overload" or "not making it much beyond the dashboard" when it comes to using Google Analytics, and unfortunately neither are helpful to a business. With this in mind we start the course by looking at the interface, dashboard and basic settings. We look at which screens are typically more important, and show you where and how to set up filters, funnels and goals to measure those all important conversion rates.
Once everything is set up, we get to the meaty bit of how to look at, and interpret the endless amount of statistics available. We will show which factors are important to look at, and more importantly, we will cover how you use the stats to identify issues with your website and how to correct them. We will also go through making the most of the built-in reports and how to create your own custom reports.
- Introduction to the dashboard and new interface
- How to set up filters to filter out internal users
- How to set up goals to measure conversion rate
- How to set up funnels to identify user behaviour
- Identify crucial elements to measure
- How to run reports and create new custom reports
- How to understand and analyse the data collected by Google Analytics
- How to use the data for troubleshooting issues on your website and for spotting new business opportunities
Throughout the day the course is very hands on, but particularly in the afternoon when delegates will have time to explore their own Analytics accounts with individual support from the trainer. At the end of the session you will leave with a range of practical ideas for making the most of your Google Analytics.
Dorte has been involved with both back end development (.NET) and front end design on numerous B2B and B2C sites. With experience as a marketing manager, Dorte has often found herself bridging the gap between marketing and technical departments.
Most recently she has been involved with the international eChampions project based in Nottingham which helped businesses from around the East Midlands get the most out of their online presence. She has a critical eye and a wealth of experience for what should and shouldn't be done with e-commerce.
We will be logging into the Google Analytics accounts so please ensure you bring your logins with you.
No programming or design software will be used on this workshop but you may choose to use Microsoft Word for note taking during the session.
This Google Analytics course is run from our rooms in Nottingham's Lace Market district which are a part of the city's main commercial district. These are serviced by a state-of-the-art tram system allowing easy access to the city centre as well as direct hourly rail services from London, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Derby and Leicester.
- Course Duration :
1 day | 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Course Location :
City Centre, Nottingham, UK
- Course Price :
- Software Version :
The course covers the following areas :
- Getting set up
- Analytics fundamentals
- Setting up filters
- Setting up goals and funnels
- Analysing the data
- Understanding the dashboard & interface
- Choosing the right measures
- Understanding & responding to stats
- Spotting new business opportunities
- Using reports
- Running reports
- Creating new custom reports
- Interpreting report data